Thomas Lee, MD, AOFAS President
Sheldon Lin, MD, Program Chair
Abstract Submission Deadline: 11:59 pm CST, Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Notifications Sent: Late February 2018
- The primary author submits the abstract on behalf of all co-authors. As the primary author adds co-authors to their submission, each co-author will receive an email notification that they have been added to the abstract and that they must log in to complete their disclosure of conflict of interest. After the primary author has submitted the abstract, all co-authors are required to complete their disclosure before the submission is considered complete.
- Abstracts may be submitted for consideration as scientific papers or posters. The Program Committee reserves the right to offer an alternate presentation format from the submitted preference.
- During the online submission process, the submitting (primary) author will be asked to search for and add each of their co-authors. Co-authors must have an aofas.org account in order to be searchable by the primary author; please follow the directions on the submission form to direct missing co-authors to create an aofas.org account.
- Disclosures will be collected from the AAOS Orthopaedic Disclosure Program, which will require every author and co-author to have a current disclosure on file. Follow the instructions on the submission form to search for, update, or create your AAOS disclosure.
- There is a limit of 500 words for each abstract (excluding the abstract title and authors) - Section word count limits are Introduction/Purpose - 125, Methods - 150, Results - 125, Conclusion – 100
- A single file, figure or table, may be uploaded for each submission (jpg, png, jpeg file, up to 3MB).
- Use generic drug and/or device names wherever possible and be sure to keep the submission blinded with no author or institution names.
- The primary author will receive an email confirmation when their abstract has been submitted. Please note that all co-authors must complete disclosures before the submitted abstract is considered complete. A confirmation email will be sent to the primary author indicating that the abstract submission has been marked complete.
- The primary author may save an abstract and re-visit the submission site as often as necessary to complete. After submitting an abstract, however, the abstract will not be editable. Please review your abstract before submitting to ensure that it is accurate and includes all co-authors.
- Complete abstracts will be reviewed in a blinded peer-review process by the Program Committee. Notifications will be sent by late February 2018.
Questions? Contact AOFAS during business hours at AOFAS_education@aofas.org.